Posted on July 1, 2019
Physical Therapist Industrial Rehab
Rapid City, SD
Job Profile Summary
The Physical Therapist – Industrial Rehab is responsible for conducting, creating and maintaining accurate job site analyses, post offer – pre employment screenings and ergonomic assessments for Regional Health Caregivers and Physicians.
Essential Functions of the position
· Completes and maintains Job Function Analysis: On-site objective measurement of job tasks.
· Creates Job Function Description: Collected data is written into a functional job description that outlines the job’s demands.
· Creates and maintains Job Function Test: A test developed from the job function description and analysis used post-offer or post-injury to ensure a match of an employee’s physical capability and their job.
· Completes post offer – pre employment screenings to ensure candidates can meet the physical demands of their position.
· Evaluates work sites and alerts team to ergonomic concerns and makes recommendations to correct unsafe ergonomic issues.
· Works collaboratively with the claims review and RTW committee teams to reduce injuries, and medical and time loss claims.
· Indicates specific job tasks that are safe to continue or need to be modified for the employee if accommodations become necessary.
· Partner with departments to deploy ergonomics processes.
· Create action plans to deliver results & proactively monitor changes.
· Collaborate with Occupational Medicine to assess trends and identify improvement plans.
· Create and provide work safety training programs for Regional Health and community partners.
· Perform Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE).
· All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Required: Education - Bachelors: Physical Therapy
Certification - Physical Therapist (PT) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners
Preferred: Education - Masters: Physical Therapy
To apply, go to https://regionalhealth.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Goldcareers/job/Rapid-City-SD/Physical-Therapist-Industrial-Rehab_R5268.