Posted on Oct 31, 2019
Manager Employee Health & Workers’ Compensation – Tucson Medical Center
Manages the activities of Employee Health and Workers Compensation by providing direction, training, and guidance within the department. Coordinates care delivery in accordance with ICA, OSHA and TMC guidelines and quality of care standards and initiatives.
- Provides leadership of self and staff through knowledge in area of practice; standards of care, job performance, and hospital/department policies and procedures.
- Manages staff, prepares work schedules, assigns staff; interviews, hires and trains; evaluates employee performance; deals with performance problems as appropriate; delegates work assignments effectively.
- Develops and oversees individual EHS/WC specific programs goals, processes, metrics, analysis, interventional strategies and reporting.
- Monitors and controls expenses within approved budget allocations; provides input for budget preparation and keeps management apprised of budget variances and unexpected expenses.
- Provides direct employee care.
- Facilitates development of department specific standards of care with realistic and measurable employee care outcomes.
- Promotes continuity of care by supporting case management activities;
- Investigates employee complaints and/or incidents, initiating corrective and/or disciplinary action.
- Maintains an ongoing evaluation of customer service to ensure that systems, policies, and procedures are convenient to those being served.
- Ensures compliance with requirements of federal, state and community agencies, regulatory authorities, and hospital policies and procedures.
- Selects and monitors preceptors in development of their role to facilitate new hires orientation and training. Orients department staff, creates skills and competency lists and trains employees to provide a high standardized level of clinical functionality.
- Ensures the design, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs for staff.
- Provides education planning, documentation, and record keeping for assigned unit(s), as needed.
- Communicates effectively with customers, patients, physicians and coworkers to ensure good quality patient care.
- Manages timekeeping systems to maintain correct payroll entries.
- Maintains quality control on work performed by department personnel and ensures compliance to internal procedures and as well as state and federal regulations by maintaining quality assurance records for department and applicable regulatory requirements. Takes corrective action when violations occur.
- Maintains equipment in efficient operating order; submits maintenance request as needed. Contacts internal service for major problems.
- Acts as a liaison with hospital personnel and outside agencies and resolves operational problems.
- Reviews, updates, and writes technical protocols for department.
- Assists with preparing documents, reports and obtaining statistics required for and other related data as required.
- Researches relevant practice changes and presents proposals to Director on issues such as new devices, protocols, or equipment, changes in treatment, planning, research, etc.
- Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associates degree in nursing required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of relevant nursing experience with mastery of Employee Health / Workers Compensation competencies, evidence of leadership, teaching and interpersonal skills, and documentation of professional development.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Current RN licensure permitting work in the State of Arizona and AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) or CPR Instructor certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of management best practices in an acute care employee health nursing function.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations pertaining to employee health and workers’ compensation.
- Knowledge of nursing best practices and procedure and policy development to ensure quality.
- Skill in managing programs and staff and developing processes to ensure efficiencies and compliance with employee health and workers’ compensation regulations.
- Skill in managing budgets and projecting costs.
- Skill in the use of computer applications such as basic functionality of the computer, PC File and Folder, Word, EXCEL, e-mail and attachment capabilities, Outlook, PowerPoint and presentation options.
- Skill in evaluating personnel and programs and making recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients and their families, regulatory agencies, or members of the community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to accurately apply basic mathematical operations such as fractions, decimals, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret basic business financial statements and budgetary reports.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to define and solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Candidates can apply at jobs.tmcaz.com.
Tucson Medical Center (TMC) is Southern Arizona’s only locally governed nonprofit system, and for over 70 years, TMC has been dedicated to providing quality healthcare through our team's compassion, dedication, integrity and our commitment to our community.
© Copyright 2020 by AOHP
AOHP Headquarters, 125 Warrendale Bayne Road, Ste 375, Warrendale, PA 15086 email@example.com Tel: 800-362-4347 Fax: 724-935-1560